Start up in heterogeneous Bukovina, nested in the wooden Eastern Carpathians, with its fine rural architecture and world famous painted monasteries. Cross the mountains following an impressive route up the Bicaz Gorges and cross rolling hill upon rolling hill in Transylvania, discovering Saxon villages, fortified churches and fine medieval burgs. Stand in line with royalty while peeking at the summer residence of the king and end the tour in Bucharest with the second largest building in the world and a glass of fine Oltenia wine in the bustling old town. Or, well, maybe you feel like crossing the Danube and adding a Bulgarian extension to it…
The tour can also start in Iasi for a shorter land transfer if flights are convenient that way.
– Arrival at Bucharest / Iasi
– Transfer to Suceava via Roman
– Optional (time-allowing): side trip to visit one of the vineyards of Urlati or Ceptura.
– Optional (time-allowing): break at the Hanul Ancutei off Roman (traditional venue along this old trade route)
– Late afternoon walk in Suceava
– Accommodation in Suceava / Sonnonhof Hotel